tle1093

10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
What are the computers in CBT centers like? Are they big, crappy, or from the last century? What about font type and size of the text (especially for verbal)? I notice I have a hard time reading TPR online practice tests, which is not Times New Roman type font...

It probably won't make a huge difference, but I'm just freaking out right now.

bruinhd

10+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
Status
Medical Student
What are the computers in CBT centers like? Are they big, crappy, or from the last century? What about font type and size of the text (especially for verbal)? I notice I have a hard time reading TPR online practice tests, which is not Times New Roman type font...

It probably won't make a huge difference, but I'm just freaking out right now.
Dude it's only in Wingdings! Just kidding. Times New Roman dude. Old CRT monitors. And I hate how trolls keep complaining about how they flickr, etc. THEY HAVE HIGHER REFRESH RATES THEN NEW GENERATION LCD SCREENS.

Stop worrying about little things like this. Start telling yourself W.I.T.! Whatever It Takes.

"I will dominate the MCAT no matter what it takes."

Start telling yourself those words and little things like the screens, the fonts, the types of pencils they give you, how many pages of scratch paper you get, what the temperature of the room will be...or any other type of b.s. that plays on your insecurity, will not matter.

Revilla

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Actually, the screens and fonts are extremely important to some of us. If they're not to you, then pass on by.

With me, flickering screens give me a headache and the last thing I want to be doing while taking the MCAT is fighting a headache. I also don't have the world's greatest eyes so small font size tends to tire my eyeballs.