Other OT-Related Information CBT training for occupational therapists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InfoNerd101

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I asked this is another post but didn't seem to get a clear answer.

The OT in the behavioral health unit where I work practices CBT and DBT with her patients... Is that taught in OT programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it is taught in ours, but I'm a first-year so I'm not 100% sure. I do know that there is a certificate related to mental health that is available to us.

We learned the very general theory of CBT and try to put it and other theories into practice during our mental health FW1 where we run groups. We focus more on the activity planning and how it will improve their occupational performance than the detailed specifics of CBT. We perform a needs assessment based on occupational performance and if CBT seems like an adequate theory to form activities around then we utilize it. If that makes sense?

We learned the very general theory of CBT and try to put it and other theories into practice during our mental health FW1 where we run groups. We focus more on the activity planning and how it will improve their occupational performance than the detailed specifics of CBT. We perform a needs assessment based on occupational performance and if CBT seems like an adequate theory to form activities around then we utilize it. If that makes sense?

The OT in our facility just does CBT separately during "talk therapy" groups in order to retrain patients mental frameworks in order to then be able to engage in occupations.