arc5005

7+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2011
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Few quick questions:

1. How do dental schools view community college credits? I have about half my pre-med/do/dental pre-reqs from a community college (post-bac).

2. Do you need to prepare for the DAT like the MCAT? Is it harder or less difficult? (I would think less, because there is less topics)

3. I know Dental school is extremely competitive now. Is it harder to get into than DO programs?

Info:
uGPA: 3.3 w/ replacement grades
DAT: Not taken

PocketRocket

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Nothin wrong with being a premed drop out if done so for the right reasons. Though it does sound like OP is looking for the "easier route".

Reactions: ph159
OP
A

arc5005

7+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2011
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Nothin wrong with being a premed drop out if done so for the right reasons. Though it does sound like OP is looking for the "easier route".
I"m not a premed drop out; I'm still strongly considering DO school. Just asking questions.

I don't think dental school is the easier route, but there is less residency, so all-in-all less years not making $.

These are just some basic questions I have. I'd open up a new thread to actually discuss differences and/or why people chose dental school over lets say MD/DO route, but for now this is all I'm interested in.

Frychicken

2+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2014
Status
Dentist
The job functions of a dentist vs physician are entirely different. I'd first figure that one out before considering anything else.

Jun 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Guys please don't let this turn into another "physician vs dentist" or "MCAT vs DAT" rantathon...!

I think the best advice we could give you is to see what you like the most:
-shadow/volunteer in different settings
-research the fields you are interested in
-don't go a specific route because you don't wanna do "x" amount of years in school, or take exam "y"...do what you love and will be passionate about!

Best of luck!