CC-UNI-CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drabberbadge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have friends who transfer from a CC to a university such as ucla , finish one series of pre reqs( chem for ex) graduate with a degree from that uni, and finishing the rest of the pre reqs at a community college afterwards again because they say that is a smart strategy
What do you guys think ?
The reason they transfer over to the uni is to have a degree from a good uni
I'm interested because I'm just sticking to my uni (not a transfer student ) and worked really hard to get here

Members don't see this ad.

I think it looks like your friends are copping out for the easy A.

If AdComs perceive someone is avoiding the weeding courses at a UG school in favors of "easier" ones at a CC, that that candidate will have a strike against them.

I have friends who transfer from a CC to a university such as ucla , finish one series of pre reqs( chem for ex) graduate with a degree from that uni, and finishing the rest of the pre reqs at a community college afterwards again because they say that is a smart strategy
What do you guys think ?
The reason they transfer over to the uni is to have a degree from a good uni
I'm interested because I'm just sticking to my uni (not a transfer student ) and worked really hard to get here

If AdComs perceive someone is avoiding the weeding courses at a UG school in favors of "easier" ones at a CC, that that candidate will have a strike against them.
However my question is dies the benefit outweigh the risk ?
It's easier to do well in CC for gpa