CC vs. 4-year GPA difference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBiologist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
transferred from CC after 1 year to UC Berkeley; got a 3.9 at CC but dropped to a 3.64 at UCB.

I took 2 major/pre-med courses at CC and the rest at UCB but is this jump down going to hurt a lot? I am also a BME major if that means anything to adcoms...

My combined GPA is decent; about a 3.76. but of course that's with a lovely 3.9 from community college bringing me up

Members don't see this ad.

transferred from CC after 1 year to UC Berkeley; got a 3.9 at CC but dropped to a 3.64 at UCB.

I took 2 major/pre-med courses at CC and the rest at UCB but is this jump down going to hurt a lot? I am also a BME major if that means anything to adcoms...

My combined GPA is decent; about a 3.76. but of course that's with a lovely 3.9 from community college bringing me up
I have 4.0 but it's going to falter anytime soon. If UC GPA is weighed more than CC, I'm not sure what to do. Some people do confess that GPA management at UC Berkeley and UCLA is like going through hell and a bloody battle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bounce back in your SR year and it probably won't hurt.

Reactions: 2 users
crush the MCAT to answer any doubters.

Reactions: 1 users
Your overall is good so it probably won't be a problem

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks OP for asking this question for me and thanks everyone for your input.

Hi, I am a transfer student from a CC to a UC. I wanted to know what GPA do med schools look at? I keep hearing multiple answers.
Also, what if your CC GPA is not high (below 3.0) but you do well in your UC school (above 3.65) as well as having a high MCAT score and EC activities, do you have a chance in getting into med schools?

Thank you

Hi, I am a transfer student from a CC to a UC. I wanted to know what GPA do med schools look at? I keep hearing multiple answers.
Also, what if your CC GPA is not high (below 3.0) but you do well in your UC school (above 3.65) as well as having a high MCAT score and EC activities, do you have a chance in getting into med schools?

Thank you
They look at your GPA from every school.

Yes as long as your GPA is fine, solid MCAT, and decent EC's you will be fine..

Maybe do a simple search before asking a frequently asked question.

They look at your GPA from every school.

Yes as long as your GPA is fine, solid MCAT, and decent EC's you will be fine..

Maybe do a simple search before asking a frequently asked question.

i love chemistry