CC vs UNI classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArizonaVet480

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a question but wouldn't it be more beneficial for someone to take pre-reqs at a CC rather than a 4 year university? My logic is that with a CC you have smaller classes and a better ability to interact with the instructor as opposed to at a university where class sizes are 200 to 300 students? It seems to me that taking classes at the CC could give you a better opportunity for LOR's as well. I know the stigma of CC's are less rigorous than 4 year uni's but after looking up the course competencies from my local CC to my local four year UNI they mirror each other they even have the same course number so they transfer over without any issues. Any input on this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Let's see if this opinion is a positive or a negative one...

Adcom: so, this student is enrolled in a 4 year university, why are they taking all their premed prereqs at a community college? Could they be trying to shortcut their way to better grades by taking easier classes? Hm, let's definitely accept this student over the ones with great grades at a harder institution!

Reactions: 1 user
Let's see if this opinion is a positive or a negative one...

Adcom: so, this student is enrolled in a 4 year university, why are they taking all their premed prereqs at a community college? Could they be trying to shortcut their way to better grades by taking easier classes? Hm, let's definitely accept this student over the ones with great grades at a harder institution!

Sorry not sure if i offended you or not. My point was not if it is look at negatively by adcoms, I was just saying all things considered as far as learning the material it would seem to me that small classes at a CC would be more beneficial for a student for the reasons I listed. I took chem at ASU and it was a class of 250+ not much interaction with professors because of the amount of students in the class.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app