Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CCLCM acceptances lately??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SmoothNC, Dec 19, 2005.

1. SmoothNC

SmoothNC Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys...I'm really anxious to hear from CCLCM...I interviewed Dec. 2nd, the committee met 8th and 9th.....the admissions office said today that I would receive something in a week or two. But then I asked do accepted people get phone calls......she said probably...but that confused me because somebody on here said they received an acceptance via snail mail about a month after interviewing. Basically...waiting sucks, I believe that I am waitlisted because I never got a phone call...looking for some verification about this as well as whether anybody has heard anything from then in the last few weeks. Word.

2. Ashanti Rock

Ashanti Rock Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed on the 9th and I know the adcom was meeting while we were having our rap session with the students. So all those accepted get phone calls? I guess I too have to wait....this waiting thing really sucks :( .

3. Doko

Doko holla atcha boy!
    7+ Year Member

In the past, Dean Franco/Fleshneider (sp?) has called, but I think this year, they've been sending acceptances through postal mail.

Good luck to you guys!

4. chef_NU

chef_NU G-Unit
    5+ Year Member

Just to keep in mind:

At the interview there they specifically said that because it is such a new program, they do not know the acceptance / matriculation ratio very well at all. The impression I got was that you are in a much better position on the waitlist there than at other schools. This is simply because they would rather accept too few, and then take several off the waitlist than accept too many and overfill their class. So stay hopeful! CCLCM rox.

5. firebird69guy

5+ Year Member

The bad news for us (those that have interviewed) is that they recently have received a TON of applications since the deadline just passed. I guess what had happened is that not many applicants knew about the school in the past, but applied this year since the program is getting to be more well known. Anyways, this will probably mean that the pool will get pretty competitive for future interviews.

So I guess the competition just got steeper. Anyways, I interviewed last week and Dr. McKenzie told us that the adcom was meeting this Thursday, and that we should know within a few weeks or so of any decision. My guess is that they accept those that they loved, then waitlist everyone else. Hopefully some good news comes soon!

Good luck to all!

6. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

OH please love me, CCLCM :eek: