Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CCOM alternate list

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Claymore, May 17, 2002.

1. Claymore

Claymore Yankees Suck
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello, I recently found out that I was placed on CCOM's alternate list. Anyone else in this situation? I know the list is not ranked, so how do they choose which people will be accepted? Any idea when we should expect movement, or how many slots usually open up? Any other info would be appreciated, thanks.

2. AZCat

AZCat Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Claymore!

The most I can tell you is of what I know about AZCOM's waitlist process. (Because CCOM is a sister school, and a lot of AZCOM's admissions officers also work with CCOM Admissions, I'm assuming the process should be pretty similar). Sometime in early June after the last monetary deposits have been made by accepted students, the committee will discuss the remaining number of available slots and also rank the wait-listed students. From then on until even the very beginning of the fall quarter, students will be notified on an individual basis. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to call and find out what you can. Good luck to you!!!

3. mgambolini

mgambolini Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am also on the CCOM alternate list. They told me they would start pulling people off the list in July at the earliest.

4. mgambolini

mgambolini Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    any new information about the alternate list? i've now heard it is ranked, which it was not orginally.

5. s2o0o

s2o0o Member
    7+ Year Member

my last deposit for CCOM is due june 21st so there should be more movement off the waitlist after that date as my interview was actually on the last day that CCOM was interviewing. i posted a little more info on this under the "Midwestern Waitlist" thread. :)

6. mgambolini

mgambolini Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Haven't heard anyting from any CCOM alternates in awhile. Any news or has anyone heard anything about someone else?