CCOM and DO rec letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LynnGweeny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
Just wanted to know whether anyone knew if Midwestern University CCOM is stringent on getting a DO letter of recommendation.
At present I am working a full-time job, a part-time job and taking two evening classes- so it is pretty difficult for me to shadow a DO at this point. Moreover, I feel that my MD rec letter will be more worthwhile since it comes from someone I've worked with extensively.
I would greatly appreciate any tips in this arena if anyone has advice to dish out.

Members don't see this ad.

yep. a DO letter is definitely required for admissions.

Just got my CCOM letter on Friday for a mid-October interview date. The wait is finally over!!! And yes, a D.O. letter is required. Good luck. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats MedPuck - I'm really happy for you, I hope it (and the other Chicago interviews that you're sure to get) goes well. It was great to finally meet you - best of luck in Chicago and congrats again! :) Liz

Hi PalCareGirl, Glad you had a safe trip home and it was equally great to meet you also. You should be getting your CCOM letter too, I think you told me you applied. Have fun at Nova and best of luck. :D

hey medpuck, when are you planning to have your ccom interview?

Wasabi, I will call on Monday to see if I can book the Friday October 19th date. Did you also get an offer? Best of luck.