SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

CCOM and DO rec letter?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by LynnGweeny, Sep 22, 2001.

1. LynnGweeny

LynnGweeny Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Chicago
    Hi everyone :)
    Just wanted to know whether anyone knew if Midwestern University CCOM is stringent on getting a DO letter of recommendation.
    At present I am working a full-time job, a part-time job and taking two evening classes- so it is pretty difficult for me to shadow a DO at this point. Moreover, I feel that my MD rec letter will be more worthwhile since it comes from someone I've worked with extensively.
    I would greatly appreciate any tips in this arena if anyone has advice to dish out.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Chicago, Illinois
    yep. a DO letter is definitely required for admissions.

4. MedPuck

MedPuck Made 7+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2001
    Just got my CCOM letter on Friday for a mid-October interview date. The wait is finally over!!! And yes, a D.O. letter is required. Good luck. ;)

5. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Cali
    Congrats MedPuck - I'm really happy for you, I hope it (and the other Chicago interviews that you're sure to get) goes well. It was great to finally meet you - best of luck in Chicago and congrats again! :) Liz

6. MedPuck

Apr 10, 2001
    Hi PalCareGirl, Glad you had a safe trip home and it was equally great to meet you also. You should be getting your CCOM letter too, I think you told me you applied. Have fun at Nova and best of luck. :D

7. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Chicago, Illinois
    hey medpuck, when are you planning to have your ccom interview?

8. MedPuck

Apr 10, 2001
    Wasabi, I will call on Monday to see if I can book the Friday October 19th date. Did you also get an offer? Best of luck.