CCOM and Olympia fields

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the rotation ccom has in olympia fields? Do you HAVE to do ur rotations there? Can you get out of rotating there and do it in chicago?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have to do 1 month in the 3rd year and 1 month in the 4th year at a minimum. It's quite possible to end up doing much more than that which is not a good idea for several reasons. Awful place to get to depending on where you live. Too many students and residents and not enough patients.

Is it a common problem for CCOM that the rotations are crowded and done in outlying hospitals. Just wondering how much is done in the larger hospitals in the city.

Members don't see this ad :)
Miamidoc, I have a great e-mail sent to me by a fourth year at CCOM outlining all the hospitals he roated through and where he did each rotation. its kinda long, but i can e-mail it to you if you want. let me know. Actually, having strong rotations was one reason i chose CCOM. You an rotate through UIC, Cook County, Univ of Chicago, Rush, an many others. This kid who e-mailed me just did a cardio rotation at Univ of Chicago.

Thanks grkBuck. I would love to get that if you can. Just send it to [email protected] if you would.

Thanks

Hey grkbuckeye, I will be starting at CCOM in the fall also and was wondering if you could forward the email from the MS-IV to me as well. Thanks [email protected]

Hi folks, I am the mystery MIV. Just wanted to say hello.

Thanks Johan! As you can see, your e-mail has been very popular!!