CCOM Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dav86

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the chances of a first year getting into the Pines apartments or really any on-campus housing other than the dorms? Is it likely, or because of being a first year, very unlikely? I am assuming that they dish out housing based upon year in school.

Also would MS-1 and 2's suggest living on-campus or off-campus? Is it cheaper off-campus? If it is cheaper off-campus, where are some places I could start looking to live?

Members don't see this ad.

I live in the city. Its kind of a pain to trek all the way into Downers Grove every morning, but the drive isnt THAT bad. Takes me about 30 min. in the morning. The upside is that Im in Chicago and not in the suburbs. Lots to do. As far as housing close to campus I dont think youll have a problem. Lots of my classmates live in the area and I havent heard of anyone have difficulty finding places to live. My vote is go to the city. You very well may want to move there during years III and IV anyway.