1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

**CCOM INTERVIEW**

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by realruby2000, Oct 17, 2001.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey guys,

i interview with ccom on friday.... its my #1 choice...kinda freaked out right now...anyone interview there yet? how was it? any advice? feedback will greatly be appreciated!!!!!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MedPuck

MedPuck Made
    7+ Year Member

Hi realruby, I will be there on the 19th with you. We are interviewing during their first week of interviews. The interview is supposed to be pretty relaxed so certainly don't feak out! They accept more than half of their interviewees so we are ahead of the game. Look forward to seeing you there. :D

4. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey realruby2000,

i'm interviewing at ccom tomorrow. i'll try my best to give you feedback about everything by tomorrow night.

good luck.

5. Viva LV

Viva LV Member
    10+ Year Member

Had the interview on Mon 16th. Wasn't that bad. CCOM is a great place. Now my first choice for sure. Students all seem very happy--busy and stressed, but happy. 3 person panel with a DO a PhD and a student. 1-2 ethical Qs and trying to get to know you and see your personality. EVERYONE gave us the same advise: be yourself. Low stress interview. Any more specific Qs ask me here or at my email. If you are interviewing these are the stats they gave us for last year's class: 3000 apps, 500 interviews, 225 accepted, 160 in class.
    I forgot on Monday that TraumaMD was in my group too. Who were you!? I was Jeremiah from UTAH and sat in the very corner as we all gathered first thing in the morning. I know your from Chicago but now I forget who was from there. Tell me more than your name because I'm terrible with names and already forgot most of them. Let me know, I'm curious. Good luck getting in. I thought CCOM was great.

6. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Viva Lv,

do you remember what questions they asked? any tough ones?

thanks!

7. Viva LV

Viva LV Member
    10+ Year Member

Qs: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you and how did you handle it? Some interviewees got 1 or 2 ethical Qs although i did not. Each interviewer had a copy of my secondary in front of them and asked me Qs about the stuff on it: How did you get this job?, what was your responsibility when you did this?, etc. What will be the toughest thing about going back to school? Have you always wanted to be a Dr? Why is osteopathic med the best for you? Tell me about your greatest success story (I'm an occupational therapist). Pretty conversational at times, other times they simply listened to my response, then asked another Q. Some interviewees in my group said the DO on the panel kept drilling them with further Qs or comments during their answers the ethical Qs. Overall: nothing to stress over. Know your motivation for osteopathic medicine and be ready to explain stuff on your secondary. Relax and have fun, the whole day was a nice experience, especially after the interview.

8. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi realruby2000, I'm back from the CCOM interview. Overall, I thought it was a fairly pleasant experience.. I had the interview in the presidential dining room, which was actually a small meeting room that consisted of a large rectangular table and many white swivel chairs. My panel consisted of three members (MD, PhD, MSIV), and I felt fairly comfortable with all except the MSIV because he seemed rather uptight or something. The questions they asked me were pretty easy and standard. There was also one ethical question, which was about the 14 year old and birth control pills, but it was pretty easy since they didn't drill me after I gave my response. It really wasn't too difficult or any different from any other interview experience I have had so far. Just relax and you'll do fine.

Good luck to everyone on Friday,

Wasabi

9. maphilips

maphilips Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,
    Just accepted an interview for this friday at CCOM. I was wondering how the schedule works. Is the interview the first thing then the tour? Also, how long is the day? Thanks for the info.
    Mark :)