CCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Claymore

Yankees Suck
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be interviewing at CCOM soon and was just looking for some information about the interview day since interviewfeedback.com is down. I live in the area and will be driving there that morning so no info about transportation/lodging is needed. How is the day structured? How many interviews? What types of questions? By the way, anyone know how full the class is and/or if there tends to be much waitlist movement? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The interview is really nice at CCOM. Here's how mine went:

-tour of CCOM (nice on-campus living, brand new library, students are super friendly)
-Interviewed by three people: one faculty, one D.O. physician, and another CCOM student.
-Questions were nothing out of the ordinary (Why D.O.?, Why CCOM?, What are your weaknesses?)
-Lunch at the cafeteria (pretty good food)
-Then, financial aid presentation

Hope this helps.

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you have anymore questions.

Be ready for some type of ethical question also. I personally didn't get one, but everyone else I spoke to did. "what would you do if you had a 16 year old girl come see you and you just found out she had HIV?" I know someone who got this exact question. basically they want to know that your compassionate in your answer. don't just say "have an abortion and give the child up for adoption" other then that the day is just like the previous poster said it was. GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, i forgot to add that the girl in the aboove example was PREGNANT and had HIV. this makes the abortion part makes sense. haha, sorry about that!

Hey Claymore, when are you interviewing? I'll be interviewing on 4/25.

Jasjaz,
I'll see you there. 4/25 for me as well. Email if you want to talk about it. [email protected]