CCOM Interview !!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by SM-UCLA tech, Dec 3, 2002.

1. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1

I'm very excited.... I love Chicago.

But I don't know a whole lot about any of the osteopathic schools.
    Can someone tell me more about CCOM?

I have heard that it is a very strong and popular school.
    What is everyone's opinion on it?

How does it rank versus the other schools?

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jennyw17

jennyw17 Senior Member

SM-UCLA tech,
    when's your interview, and when did they send you your invitation to interview and how did they send it (email/snail mail)? I really want to interview there, I'm hoping that they'll send me an interview invitation soon.

Congrats on the interview, and good luck. Sorry I was unable to answer any of your questions.
    jennyw17

4. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1

Hey Jenny....they sent the invitation by snail mail. They actually acted very quickly. I sent in my secondary there about 2 weeks ago.

My interview is 2/4
    They are booked until then...except for this thursday the 5th. But I have an interview out here that day...and I wouldn't have been able to make it out there that quickly.

Good luck to you....if you want you can PM me and I can let you know how everything goes there.

5. tmyers

tmyers Junior Member

SM-UCLA Tech
    I have an acceptance at CCOM and have already sent in my deposit. The facilities are extremely nice with a new library/lecture hall building. The school's reputation is very good as evidenced by the quality residencies their graduates get. Approximately 60% do allopathic residencies at places like Loyola, Northwestern and Lutheran General.
    The interview is a panel with 3 interviewers, but it is very low stress. You can get a copy of last years residency matches on interview day.
    If you want to know anything else, PM me. Good luck!!

6. kissacefan1978

Good luck! It's fun up here!!

7. kumar28

kumar28 Senior Member

Attending Physician
    hey UCLA,
    do you mind posting your stats?:)

8. Claymore

Claymore Yankees Suck

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello everyone, congratulations for getting interviews/acceptances at CCOM. You are correct in saying that students are very enthusiastic about the school, I for one am very happy to be here. As always I will offer my services to answer any questions you have about the school. I would also suggest doing a search on CCOM; I started a thread about 2 months ago where I answered a bunch of questions people were having. Anyway, I am only an MS-1 but as I have said I am very confident with my decision to come here and would give the school my highest recommendation. Good luck.

MS-1
    Midwestern University/CCOM

9. chitown82

chitown82 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i just saw this thread and noticed people who got interviews in dec aren't scheduled till february...i got my invite last week and the online scheduler had many dates in jan free...1/10, 1/11, 1/12, etc... im not sure if people cancelled, but those dates seem to be open as of now. if your interview is later, you might want to call and reschedule to an earlier date...

10. box29

box29 Keep on keepin' on Member

Attending Physician
    FYI...these posts are 2 years old...Claymore is an MS-3 and kissacefan, SM-UCLA tech, and jennyw17 are MS-2's at CCOM...

11. Claymore

Claymore Yankees Suck

Resident [Any Field]
    Yup, still hanging around...though enjoying things more now as an MS-III than I was back then!

12. Ypo.

I love it when people respond to posts that are years old. :laugh: