CCOM/strong osteopathic programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milleniumhc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about CCOM??
I am extremely interested in OMT and a strong
osteopathic oriented program that includes all osteopathic approaches. I really want to leave school feeling that I received a good DO education. I am also interested in nutrition classes because I don't think that they are emphasized enough considering that doctor's give advice in this area every day.Please let me know if you have ANY info.

Members don't see this ad.

CCOM has a lot of strengths, but OMM is NOT one of them. If you have your heart set on OM i would think about KCOM or UNECOM (just of the top of my head).

Johan Aasbo
MSII, CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
So, which schools have the strongest OMM component?

Phillip

i think you should check out msucom thier school and omt program rock! have you considered them???????????

right on peds!!!!!! Go GREEN!!!
MSUCOM has a 2 hour class once a week dedicated to the history of osteopathic medicine. I was impressed.

How many here can tell me Andrew T. Stills Dad's name?

[This message has been edited by DocGibby (edited September 28, 1999).]

In addition to UNECOM and KCOM, COMP also has a very extensive OMM program. Also, I've been told that COMP is going to institute utilizing OMM extensively throughout your medical education, all the way to your resident years so that its students do not lack in their OMT skills. In addition, your dead on about the nutrition courses, but again COMP will be re-vamping their nutrition component, but that won't be in completion for another year or two.

Thanks everybody.........yeah, I also applied to msucom! It is my home state so I hope that that helps me when it comes down to it. I am not sure if MSU accepts their residents preferentially or not. Maybe I will see you there Docgibby??? Wouldn't you be bummed to be stuck with me for another couple of years!! I am definitely planning on using OMT in my office someday...so I want to be able to do it to the best of my ability. Not after
a few hours of training. I guess that CCOM is not right for me then. I wish I would have known that before I sent them the 50 dollar check...............

hey milleniumhc,

I didn't recognize your handle at first. You and peds write here often? Keep me updated on your progress.

DocGibby

I knew that you had no idea that it was me. That's why I had to put in a little jab. So far, no progress. Redden doesn't know the meaning of "these have to go out right away". So, until the good old MCATs come in, I can't get an interview at MSU either. (I have all of that stuff in too). HI PEDS!!! LOVE YOU!
Maybe I will see you at MSU too?? (but no time before that heeee heeee heeee)

did you notice everything is way off the topic you started on? pretty funny, i haven't seen you in awhile so i wanted to say hi.
you and docgibby have a great day :)

peds

COMP also offers an OMT fellowship. I believe they take applications (it can be competetive) during the third year. OMT fellows spend an extra year, spreading fourth year rotations out over two years and mixing in OMT teaching blocks. They mostly, I think, help out with first and second year OMT instruction there at the med. school. Oh, fellows are compensated- I think their last two years, during fellowship, are tuition free!

------------------
Dan
Western U./COMP class of 2004