CCOM students, where are you living next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheTinker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After doing some research, living on campus at CCOM is even more expensive than finding some nearby apartments. I am from the southside of Chicago so I am slightly familiar with the western suburbs. Any advice on some nearby apartments that are pretty affordable and pleasant to live in? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to get as specific as you want with the locations as well. Thanks :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I want to try and find a house/appt on craigslist to rent with a couple of other students. I agree that living off campus can be cheaper (thus better for me). If there are other people looking for roommate lemme know!

Yeah I am definitely open for finding something with a couple of students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am actually thinking about living in oak park, forest park, or even downtown chicago.

Anyone know how feasible it would be to get a place(condo?) in any of those places such as driving to class everyday

I go to school in Oak Park right now and the commute to midwestern when traffic is moving is about 30 minutes.

would living in downtown be a nuisance though? It would seem like that to me. :cool:

damn, i really thought it would be cool to live closer to downtown chicago or pretty close to it at least. If anyone knows a student that has made it possible to live in downtown or forest park let me know what they say.

damn, i really thought it would be cool to live closer to downtown chicago or pretty close to it at least. If anyone knows a student that has made it possible to live in downtown or forest park let me know what they say.

I am planning on commuting to school...i live close to the city...prob a 45 minute commute.

I am thinking about living close to campus as well. The pine apartments seem to be expensive. I would be willing to live with some other students, so send me a message if your interested. If you live in the chicago area and want to meet up, just let me know.

FYI, I am a 22 year old male and I live in the suburbs of chicago, unfortunatly I live in the Northwest suburbs and the commute to Midwestern University would be about 45min-1hour so I cant live at home.

I also am thinking of living of campus... but not sure about roommates.. theres pros and cons, but wat is a reasonable commute for you guys cuz im having trouble deciding how far is too far...