CCOM vs ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studoc97

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that CCOM is more expensive, but I'm from the Chicago area so I would live at home. With that in mind, the cost to attend both schools would be pretty similar. Plus, I am also considering the military, so tuition is a non-issue.

I wouldn't mind getting out of the midwest and checking out some new parts of the country.

I would love to go into ortho. The chance to get into a competitive specialty is the most important thing for me.

Which school do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

In that case, CCOM is the older, more connected program, and staying close to home is a plus. I would say CCOM. With that said, if you feel some urge to live in Mesa, then SOMA is a solid program too.

CCOM if you are able to save as much as possible. I was not a fan of ATSU 1+3 curriculum but I wonder now if it will be a benefit as step 2 is the most important test

If money is not a big deal, CCOM is the better school. SOMA's 1+3 won't do you any favors with ortho, while CCOM is an extraordinary school.