• CCOM

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Touro Harlem

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Nov 22, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Was recently accepted to both, and now have to make my mind up!

Touro:
Pros-
*They're both ridiculously expensive, but Touro's tuition is about $14,000 cheaper
*I live in NJ, so much closer to family
*I LOVE NYC, and see myself doing residency/practicing here
*I like how mandatory classes are focused on reviewing material
Cons-
*Not as established
*I've heard ****ty rotations?
*The cheapest apartment I've found is a $1400 studio

CCOM:
Pros-
*Well-established and highly regarded in terms of DO programs
*Great rotation sites
*Symptoms-based curriculum is pretty innovative
*Cheaper rent than NYC (but still expensive)
*Faculty seems really kind and caring
Cons-
*12 hour drive from family
*Not technically in the city (just my preferred environment, I'm sick of suburbia lol)
*As of this moment, I don't see myself practicing in the midwest

Any advice??? I would definitely prefer to live and study in the city, but if the quality of education and rotations are superior at CCOM, there's no question. Thank you! :)

About the Ads
Nov 22, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
CCOM has more plusses on your list, and fewer minuses.

That high tuition though...
You're right, thanks! With the cost of living in Manhattan, they come out to roughly the same price per year. Waiting to hear back from LECOM (much cheaper), but it doesn't seem like the right fit at all. Le sigh... thanks for your input :)

Apr 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You're right, thanks! With the cost of living in Manhattan, they come out to roughly the same price per year. Waiting to hear back from LECOM (much cheaper), but it doesn't seem like the right fit at all. Le sigh... thanks for your input :)
Of all the schools you're waiting to hear from, what would be your top choice?

Nov 22, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Of all the schools you're waiting to hear from, what would be your top choice?
I'm still waiting to hear from Rutgers NJMS (my state MD), but they ghosted me after the interview ;(
I want to work with urban undeserved, so going to school in an urban environment seems like the best preparation. Also, I'd prefer to be close to home so I could still see my friends/family (however limited that may be). I don't care about the MD/DO thing, but NJMS is also like half price 😂

spaghettidoctor

OMS I
2+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I navigated away from Touro because of the COL and weak rotation sites off the island. Single building, no windows was a tough thing to accept too. CCOM is a beautiful campus with great faculty and facilities just outside a big city with awesome rotation sites. I was accepted to Harlem, CCOM and AZCOM and ended up going with AZCOM due to proximity to family and where I want to end up. I was torn between CCOM and there but figured they were pretty similar. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads