CCOM - Where to live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think that I have finally decided to pack up my bags and take the acceptance at CCOM this next year. I am just wondering if any of you current M1s or M2s know where good places to live would be. Is Naperville too far away for the daily communte to classes? Just wondering!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your decision! What made you finally decide on CCOM? I am still trying to decide, but I am also interested in your housing questions too.

Although Naperville is not far distance wise, the traffic in the morning would make the drive seem far. I personally think that the best place to live is with in a 3-5 mile radius of campus, the surrounding area is real nice, and contrary to popular belief there is affordable housing especially if can find a roommate. This is just my opinion, which is probably biased since I grew up in the area. Good towns to look at are Westmont, Lombard, Oakbrook, Darien, Woodridge and Lisle, besides Downers Grove I hope this helps.

Good Luck
Jim

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks TiBOre for the info. I was in the area a few weeks ago and started looking for housing. I will be married next year, so the roommate situation is looking pretty good :)

I decided that I was going to go to CCOM for 3 reasons. 1) the $750 check is due this next week. 2) CCOM is a much better school than my other acceptance. 3) Haven't gotten any more invites for interviews in the past 3 months.

Whats up everyone. I got a couple rental guides for the area up there. I still don't know where to live yet? All the places I called said that you should start looking for a place 60 days before you move in. I guess that means June. What are some of the developments that current CCOM students are living in? Oh yea, I know this sounds dumb, but I'm hoping to find a place that has a washer and dryer connection in the apartment. My wife and I got a washer and dryer as a wedding gift last year and I need to lug those things along! Thanks!

When I was looking around for apartments a couple weeks ago I was amazed with 2 things. 1) How few apartment complexes were in Downers Grove and Lombard. 2) That a nice apartment with only 1 bedroom was $1000. Maybe that is just the Ohioness speaking in me. But wow!

MiamiDoc, I hear you! I live in Columbus, OH and pay $730 for a two bedroom two bathroom place in Upper Arlington (very upscale area)! oh well, MORE LOANS. Anyway, if you get the names of any developments that current people live in, let me know. [email protected]

Is anybody that is going to be a M1 this fall interested in getting an apartment together?

I live in a one bedroom in the area now (like 10 minutes away), but was thinking about finding a two or three bedroom apartment and split it with a few other students. I'd be willing to do all the leg work.

Also, if you're looking for a one bedroom... I could probably talk to my landlord and we could work it so that you end up with it.

I am also interested in knowing where other people will be living. Being 20 mins away with traffic wouldn't be too bad if I knew there were people to commute with. I heard stories that some people commute over an hour to the school. Does anyone know if these are true?