Ccom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DCGIRL

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what others put for CCOM secondary question about why you want to become an osteopathic doctor. It feel's like I am repeating myself from my personal statment and 500 words seem like alot.
Any suggestions would be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

it is patheitc, but i basically took select sentences from my personal statement about why i wanted to be an osteopath and added a paragraph about why CCOM. These adcoms have to realize how REDUNDANT these freakin questions are. I just got the PCOM secondary and it also asks why i want to be an osteopath...WHY DO THEY KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER????

i am currently thinking of writing a statement like, "as i have stated in my personal statement, I wish to pursue osteopathy b/c..." is this a bad idea?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't do it. I think it would make them seem I am too lazy to write another essay.

One word. Hoops. It's all hoops you have to jump through.

man, i had my prof send a rec letter and he forgot my SS number (Purdue doesn't give it out anymore due to security reasons) and so he had to resend it...and then i had another prof send one just in case. That was a week ago and I don't see it on the "interact now" site on the internet. I wonder if it got lost...darn it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it is your last part of your application that is due. Then I would give a call to them. I checked my interact now portion and it says mine are not in either but I have already received confirmations from multiple other DO schools that did recieve my DO recommendations, which were sent out at the same time. I am awaiting to hear when they have my school LOR and then if the file is still incomplete I will deal with it then. Right now though I think they are slow in updating that interact now portion of their site. Just my two cents.

I agree with Robz. Midwestern seems to be a little slow on updating their Interact Now section of the website. If you want to check on your application status, be sure to e-mail them because they don't accept phone call status checks because of confidentiality.

yeah, that letter's the last one due, for everything!

Originally posted by NDESTRUKT
yeah, that letter's the last one due, for everything!

I'd definatly fire off an email to them then. It took schools about a week and a half from when I was sure they got my letters for me to get my postcards telling me they had them. Let me know how it works out for you.

Originally posted by NDESTRUKT
man, i had my prof send a rec letter and he forgot my SS number (Purdue doesn't give it out anymore due to security reasons) and so he had to resend it...and then i had another prof send one just in case. That was a week ago and I don't see it on the "interact now" site on the internet. I wonder if it got lost...darn it.

I just wanted to let you know that when I was applying, CCOM was the only school that did not receive all my LORs. I don't know if it's the post office in Downers Grove or what, but if I were you I would definitely have your prof send another one. When I have my DO send a new one, I receive a secondary in one week, and an interview 1.5 weeks later. So if the do have everything, they are usually very quick. Don't fret thgough, interview invuites are not even being extended to people until this week coming up!! Hope this info helps, take care!! :)