CDCA (NERB) and California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brig7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a rising 3rd year at Pitt, but am from California, and am hoping CA gets organized with the CDCA exams by the time I could be taking them. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Officially it's been said that 2017 is the "Expected Acceptance" year for the CDCA in CA. But I've also heard from a friend that it's a matter of funding that's being argued now which could delay acceptance. https://www.cdcaexams.org/adex-acceptance-map/

Thanks in advance for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Also the following is from the previous board meeting held in Nov 2017:

“Dr. Morrow questioned whether the Board would accept applicants for licensure who passed the ADEX prior to its approval by the Board. Ms. Fischer responded that the Board would only accept applicants for licensure who passed the ADEX exam after it was approved by the Board. Additionally, the ADEX exam is only accepted one year from the passing date.”

Also the following is from the previous board meeting held in Nov 2017:

“Dr. Morrow questioned whether the Board would accept applicants for licensure who passed the ADEX prior to its approval by the Board. Ms. Fischer responded that the Board would only accept applicants for licensure who passed the ADEX exam after it was approved by the Board. Additionally, the ADEX exam is only accepted one year from the passing date.”

Not good news... But thanks for the update! Where can I follow board meetings? Are their minutes available anywhere?

Not good news... But thanks for the update! Where can I follow board meetings? Are their minutes available anywhere?
I posted this in another thread:

The following is from Sarah Wallace, Assistant Executive Officer at Dental Board of California during California dental board meeting held in feb:

“Prior to recognition or acceptance of the ADEX exam, the exam itself must undergo an Occupational Analysis and a Psychometric Evaluation to determine compliance with the requirements of Business and Professions Code Section 139.

The Board has contracted with the Department of Consumer Affairs’ (DCA) Office of Professional Examination Services (OPES) to conduct an occupational analysis (OA) of the dental (DDS) profession and review the ADEX examination. The OA began in July 2017. The OPES has reported that the workshops have gone well and it is preparing the task and knowledge statements for the pilot survey, which is anticipated to be distributed in mid-February. The OA report is anticipated to be completed in June, but is dependent upon the recruitment and participation of DDS subject matter experts during the workshops and during the survey.
Once the DDS OA is complete, the OPES will initiate the review of the ADEX examination and conduct the linkage study to the OA. This project is anticipated to begin in July 2018 and be completed in early 2019.”

I am really disappointed by Dental Board of California for taking this long to resolve the issue.

The board holds a quarterly meeting where CDCA acceptance is discussed. You can find the details by googlin Dental board of California meeting or at their website.

Hope this help.