CDN research pubs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basketball

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's very much possible, you just need to find a lab that publishes a lot on a regular basis, although they are fewer and far between in Canada.

Most people only work summers. In two summer research projects, I managed to squeeze my name on a few big papers of some of the postdocs, and also have one of my own that has yet to be published due to a backlog of manuscripts coming out of the lab. Any sort of publication or poster presentation is a plus, and very few applicants actually have any when applying to medical school in Canada.

hey everyone

Is it harder for a student attending a Canadian university to get research publications than in the US?

In my university, I dont think any undergrad/master student get publications, and only some phd students.

Also, there are no opportunities for student to do research for 1+ year unless if you ae a senior student (most students only have summer research)

so is it ok if you only have poster presentations when you are applying to canadian schools? What do you have to do if you want publications? thank you!
Ah the joys of not being someone's lab bitch and being able to publish my own research....