Celebration Techniques

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Chronic MD

Funky Decknician
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, after reading so many worries and complaints and sorrowful concerns on this website, I have decided to take this thing a new direction. Although listening to all of the griping has been entertaining, allowing me to laugh my a$$ off at work, I want to see how all of you have been celebrating acceptances/interviews/rejections.

As for me, when I was accepted at the first willing medical school, I sipped on a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada's and enjoyed the treat which makes The Chronic go mmmmmm. After that, I met up with some friends and found myself acting up a local tavern. Being that it was karaoke night, I got up on stage, shirtless, and managed to sing possibly the tightest rendition of Shaggy's "It wasn't me!" to a crowd of adoring women and rednecks. I forgot everything else, but further word notifed me that I was "removed from the premises," once the bouncer found me unzipping my pants and dropping everything to the floor as a finale. By the way...dont fall asleep in a hammock when it is raining.

I wonder what that 12 year old phenom will do once he gets in somewhere? Perhaps a Harry Potter marathon?

Members don't see this ad.

To celebrate my Northwestern rejection, I pulled a nice manuever out on my front porch. As people walked by, I simply set it on fire, threw it down on the pavement, and urinated all over it, with the song "You've lost that loving feeling" bumping in the background...See, rejections can be fun too!

How in the world did you get past your interviews??

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by The Chronic MD
Alright, after reading so many worries and complaints and sorrowful concerns on this website, I have decided to take this thing a new direction. Although listening to all of the griping has been entertaining, allowing me to laugh my a$$ off at work, I want to see how all of you have been celebrating acceptances/interviews/rejections.

As for me, when I was accepted at the first willing medical school, I sipped on a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada's and enjoyed the treat which makes The Chronic go mmmmmm. After that, I met up with some friends and found myself acting up a local tavern. Being that it was karaoke night, I got up on stage, shirtless, and managed to sing possibly the tightest rendition of Shaggy's "It wasn't me!" to a crowd of adoring women and rednecks. I forgot everything else, but further word notifed me that I was "removed from the premises," once the bouncer found me unzipping my pants and dropping everything to the floor as a finale. By the way...dont fall asleep in a hammock when it is raining.

I wonder what that 12 year old phenom will do once he gets in somewhere? Perhaps a Harry Potter marathon?

hahah :laugh: you are funny. Which local tavern eh?

Dr. Jekyll...Mr. Hide!

I'm real, and interviewers know dis...I mean c'mon, I'm not going to celebrate by running a PCR in lab for fun...

:p

Dr. jekyll and Mr Hide?

I meant that in response to rjhtamu's question on how I got passed my interviews...Bounty, I PMed you regarding which bar in CA...

Having met the 12 year old phenom at a Mt. Sinai MSTP Interview, I would say he will probably go about his normal way kicking all of our 20-something asses. He would probably write a musical piece to commemorate the event.

Now, now, now, even that 12 year old would know better than to write something on his cello to commemorate the event. My money is an evening with the fam or perhaps, if not a beer, a hard lemonade!

my sis is taking me to rosarito para langosta y por supuesto para tomar. mmmmmmmmmm

So is there really a 12 year old applicant in the mix this year or just a rumor??

There really is a 12 year old applying to Med Schools right now, although he is only applying MSTP. The reason being that he wouldn't be old enough to graduate MD in 4 years. He has a 200+ IQ yada yada, Sho Yano is his name. I met him at Mt. Sinai during MSTP Interview.

To celebrate getting an interview, I log on to travelocity or a similar web site and treat myself to a round trip plane ticket to an exotic location where I will get dressed up, fix up my hair, do my makeup and.... uh... go to the interivew.
So far I've got two rejections, for which I really did not do anything, but I am collecting them to make a rejection quilt. The use for it will be determined in the future.
So far the nearest thing I did to celebrating was when I got my MCAT scores... My mom called me at work, and, since I was the only one at the lab still trying to get a gel to run to the end, I figured it was safe and I squealled really loudly into the phone when she told me the news. The people from the lab next door came running in to see if I was OK. I had to appologize and reassure them that all was well.

****ing **** man a 12 year old in med school. that's like a ****ing gattaca project man.

When my friend got into med school her friends took her out to the local pub and got her obliterated with champagne. At the end of the night she was flirting with this guy and proceeded to grab his crotch and say "turn your head and cough, its ok...I'm going to be a doctor!"

Atrocious. If the school ever found out, they would probably have recinded her acceptance.