cell and molecular bio during summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happyending2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys
im taking cmb this summer and its a face-paced class since we cover one chapter a day. so im feeling a bit worried and test is in two days. so i was wondering how you guys have prepared for the test? there are many diagrams and informations we need know and what was the most effective way to do good on the test? my professor lectures using powerpoint so i have that and the textbook. textbook is almost same as the powerpoint. so how should i study them to do good on the test?

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of a strange question for SDN, I would direct your question to someone else in the class or someone you know who has taken the class before. I'm sure if you talk to classmates, some will have a really good idea from knowing people who previously took the same class. Its kind of hard for us to tell you how to study if we never had that professor or don't go to your university to take the course. But when in doubt read the entire chapter and study all powerpoint slides. If you don't know how to study, then study everything.

hi guys
im taking cmb this summer and its a face-paced class since we cover one chapter a day. so im feeling a bit worried and test is in two days. so i was wondering how you guys have prepared for the test? there are many diagrams and informations we need know and what was the most effective way to do good on the test? my professor lectures using powerpoint so i have that and the textbook. textbook is almost same as the powerpoint. so how should i study them to do good on the test?

I've taken a speed series before (Physics, one summer), but studying for Physics is different from studying for CMB.

If it were me, I would set out on memorizing the powerpoint slides, especially if they're like the book. I would use the book as a reference where the powerpoints became unclear. I would also use the book as a reference for diagrams on slides.

Ideally, students take notes on the powerpoints, read the book as chapters are covered, and study daily.

If the prof assigns any practice questions or study guide, I would go through that before trying to memorize everything.

Like the person above me says, you should really ask other people in your class what they're doing, or if they know the professor's style, etc.