Cell Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homo sapien

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a question. I am a pre-podiatry student who, this summer, has the opportunity to take both physiology and cell biology. What I would like to know is, would cell biology be helpful for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

The MCAT has a stronger emphasis on molecular and cell biology than physiology in its current form. Cell biology will be more helpful, especially if the professor takes an experimental elucidation approach to teaching.

The MCAT has a stronger emphasis on molecular and cell biology than physiology in its current form. Cell biology will be more helpful, especially if the professor takes an experimental elucidation approach to teaching.

What makes you say this? More of the testable content is physiology than cell bio.

Hi. I have a question. I am a pre-podiatry student who, this summer, has the opportunity to take both physiology and cell biology. What I would like to know is, would cell biology be helpful for the MCAT?

Gen bio 1&2 is ALL you need. When I was studying the mcat I was always in doubt b/c people made it seem like you needed upper division classes in order to do well on the BS section. In fact taking these courses can sometimes backfire since I've noticed that some of my friends would get a relatively easy question wrong due to the fact that they would over think it due to their extensive bio background.

Gen bio 1&2 is ALL you need. When I was studying the mcat I was always in doubt b/c people made it seem like you needed upper division classes in order to do well on the BS section. In fact taking these courses can sometimes backfire since I've noticed that some of my friends would get a relatively easy question wrong due to the fact that they would over think it due to their extensive bio background.

Not every school has a Bio I and II sequence.