Cell/Molecular Biology, Toxicology, Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wind chimes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having done BS in Biotechnology, I want to go for MS and I'm confused btw Cell/Molecular Biology or Toxicology. Since, I already took courses in Molecular Biology in my undergrad, I was thinking of exploring a new field for Masters, and toxicology seems interesting, but will it be considered a move away from Mol. Bio. or is it better to specialize in the same field?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd like to discuss this with you but your question isn't clear at the moment. You cite several different specialties - what is your true question?

Who cares what our opinion is. We don't know what you want.. heck, do you know what you want?

Members don't see this ad :)
It does blow by. Staff hospital pharmacist at that place I mentioned to you a while back. I think you'd either shudder and cringe or laugh at the workings of this place. Probably the former.

Well...I've traveled to your country during my site visits to New England.. but I don't know your health system.. I'd like to do an assessment of your facility to see if we can make improvements? But more importantly, I'd just interview you guys...write it down...then tell your admin what you said. But because me being a polished and better dressed pharmacist consultant, they would listen to me.. :smuggrin:

See, administrators who are your boss think they're smarter than everyone because you work for them. But they see consultants and believe we're smart people..because we don't work for them. So they're willing to take our advice and recommendation because they believe we're smart people..

The irony.. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Well...I've traveled to your country during my site visits to New England.. but I don't know your health system.. I'd like to do an assessment of your facility to see if we can make improvements? But more importantly, I'd just interview you guys...write it down...then tell your admin what you said. But because me being a polished and better dressed pharmacist consultant, they would listen to me.. :smuggrin:

See, administrators who are your boss think they're smarter than everyone because you work for them. But they see consultants and believe we're smart people..because we don't work for them. So they're willing to take our advice and recommendation because they believe we're smart people..

The irony.. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

That's a very succinct and apt description of our department. The people running it are in their 50's, are the antithesis of supportive and enjoy creating bickering fights with staff instead of helping. They have absolutely no idea about clinical, are sickened by the idea and think that the more time in the dispensary the better. Our techs spend more time on the floors than we do.

Unfortunately, I think they even feel that their employees are smarter people and ergo are threatened. This results in circular arguments, poor working conditions, continual management vs. rph battles (even though they themselves were ( i use the word were intentionally, they still use the facade of a license to say otherwise) pharmacists at one point.

Very interesting dynamic. I'd love to bring you in. If you're actually interested in checking out this area let me know. I might not be around too long :smuggrin: