• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
I'm set on going to a school in Philly and have a question for anyone with cell phones in that city. I've been in smaller towns all my life, so basically we have had one good cell phone company in town with the rest being kind of crappy service, so if this is a ridiculous question for you big-city types, I apologize in advance :)
Or, even better, if anyone knows of sites that compare cell phone companies by city and allow user feedback, that'd be perfect!

These are the companies I'm looking at:
Verizon
T-Mobile
Sprint
AT&T Wireless

I think these are a few of the larger companies (except for maybe T-Mobile), but I know the only reliable company in my town of approx ~200K people is Sprint. Anyone in Philly know about these brands? I'm looking to buy in the next month or two.

-Entol

Taleof50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2004
Status (Visible)
i go to school in philly right now. i use Sprint PCS and it's not bad. however, their coverage goes up and down in random parts of the city.
AT&T has ok coverage, but probably the worst out of the brands you listed.
verizon is good in general, as is tmobile.

PM me if you have specific questions....

About the Ads

emidesu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2000
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Actually, I've had a pretty good experience with AT&T. There's one "hole" right around Drexel (MCP campus) so if you're going there I wouldn't recommend it but it's been fine at Temple and Center City.

celticmists18

california dreaming
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
studying for Step 1
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I would go for verizon . . .according to the sales guy I talked to when I bought me phone they cover the entire state of PA. god only knows if it is true. What school are you going to? (just curious)

F

ForensicPath

I'm in philly right now (or about 10 minutes out on the mainline). I am in center city, univ. city, south st. etc... all the time. I use verizon and have no problems. My roommate has had problems with ATT

Dodohead

Neutrophil Lover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2003
Neutropenia, NV
Status (Visible)
I'm currently in Philly. I've used Sprint PCS for about 3 years here, and had no problems with them. I'm using Cingular now, and they suck.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.