Cell Phone Service in Glendale (AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pooh Chong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'll be attending AZCOM this fall, yay me. I'm hoping some of you guys would comment on which cell phone service has the best coverage...or which companies have even good coverage (good enough I could safely go with them). Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Go with Verizon. Not necessarily the cheapest, but in AZ you get great coverage even out in the middle of nowhere.

is either t-mobile or at&t (gsm) good down there?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only speak from personal experience.

Qwest sucks long wang. Stay far, far away from them.

T-Mobile has been great for me. I've had them for a year here in AZ. The only place where I've had a problem with reception was at the Grand Canyon, yet I don't know if anyone gets cell service there anyways.

I too heard to stay away from Qwest.

I use Sprint here, and will be changing to AT&T as soon as my contract expires. I have friends who have T-mobile and AT&T and are happy with both. Sprint does work well for me on campus, but is terrible where I live. I'm sure you will find mixed opinions about each service.

yea this interests me too...i have verizon national plan so far.....
yet is is soooooooooo expensive and I need to increase my minutes....in chicago T-mobile blows big time...is it really good in arizona? waht about cingular or any of those plans that have rollover minutes?

There is no Cingular service in Phoenix yet. I had to switch from Cingular when I moved here.

thanks for the replies. I was a little disappointed that there is no cingular in phoenix....but I'm glad both at&t and t-mobile have credible service there.

yea this interests me too...i have verizon national plan so far.....
yet is is soooooooooo expensive and I need to increase my minutes....in chicago T-mobile blows big time...is it really good in arizona? waht about cingular or any of those plans that have rollover minutes?

T-Mobile has worked fine for me. I was worried about it working when I came home for summer to Chicago, but it has worked great. I have had no problems with it in the city or the NW and N burbs. The only place that it really hasn't worked is Lake Geneva, WI--and I think it is just lack of anything out there.