Cell phones at LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kristenE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how cell phone coverage is at LECOM?? I have Alltell from Youngstown, which would run off of the Verizon towers. So, I guess my question is if anyone has Verizon coverage... are you satisfied? Can you gets calls/voicemail while in the building? Are there lots of dead zones, (as I can't get coverage at my place just off of Peach St.)?
Thanks!!
Kristen

Members don't see this ad.

If I remember correctly, there are a few areas inside the building that I had poor service (only 1 or2). I had AT&T though. I lived in Granada all last year with no problem with my phone either.

Steve

Hey

I have nationwide long distance from Alltel....I haven't had a problem in Erie with my phone...Granted I haven't been to Erie too much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cell phone reception in the building stinks. There is a reason though...

From what I've been told the building used to be a call center for a phone company. In order to block any extraneous signals from coming in, it was built to make it difficult to get certain signals through (don't ask me how). There are no good areas to get signals in the old section, though sometimes the cafeteria allows you a few bars. In the new part of the building, many people sit by the atrium doors (now granted, you're not allowed IN the atrium) outside the library to get reception.

As for outside the school, I haven't had too much of a problem except in my old apartment. It was the bottom floor in Granada, and hence the reception stunk. I use AT&T.

njdo

I'm thinking of nationwide long distance from Alltell too. I think I'm gonna go and see how my current phone works at LECOM this Friday.
Kristen

njdo is extremely accurate again. It was a call center and reception in the school is next to impossible hell a signal in the school is next to impossible.
library, cafeteria but no talky talky in the library....cafeteria or outside in the ice.
hows your summer goin' MM.