CEME High Risk Emergency Medicine Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epiepishockMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has Anyone attended the CEME high risk emergency medicine conference?
Worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to High Risk Hawaii several years ago, which was very well done.

Reactions: 1 user
Half price for USACS docs. I already don't want to go.

CEME is a CME company started by USACS/EMP. They are not upfront about the association. In case you had any doubts...

Their address is:
Center for Emergency Medical Education
4535 Dressler Rd. NW
Canton, OH 44718

USACS address is:
US Acute Care Solutions
4535 Dressler Rd NW
Canton, OH 44718

When I started for EMP they used the CEME kind of like a company script. Required you to attend several lectures/conferences using your own BEA funds or out of pocket if you were out of BEA funds.

the 10-15 in my group that went said it was fantastic...and scary as hell ! I am thinking of doing the streaming instead just to save the time of traveling. anyone done that?

Where did you find a streaming option for this?

Don't know context. USACS is bad?

Anyone take both of them? I can't afford to attend both. which one should I go to?
There is a lot of hate for USACS on this board, and I'd argue that much of it is justified. The very short version is that USACS is a CMG which has very predatory practices about absorbing semi democratic physician groups across the country and then paying their doctors significantly less than they should be making. An entire emergency medicine residency in Ohio was just shut down because of a shady deal where USACS bought the ED contact from the hospital (where the head of USACS's wife was a board member but they vehemently deny she had any role is getting the takeover passed) and replaced all the doctors currently working there. It was and still is a cluster****.

If it's owned by USACS, I recommend attending neither.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using SDN mobile

The High Risk EM conference in SF and Hawaii is run by UCSF Emergency Medicine, along with Amal Mattu from Maryland and a few other non-UC folks. I think there were some Highland faculty there last year, but I can't remember specifically. Not affiliated with USACS.

The High Risk EM conference in SF and Hawaii is run by UCSF Emergency Medicine, along with Amal Mattu from Maryland and a few other non-UC folks. I think there were some Highland faculty there last year, but I can't remember specifically. Not affiliated with USACS.
Oh that one? I just got the postcard this weekend, I might go to that one.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using SDN mobile