certified mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raincrew

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
this might be kind of anal, but I sent northwestern's secondary on 8/11 (it was due on 8/15) through certified mail and tried to track it online, but it has no record for the package. i also sent out ucsd, uci, and georgetown the same day but only received confirmations for sd and gtown. should i call the post office or does this kind of thing routinely happen with the online delivery confirmation?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
oldman,

i just did certified mail first class so it should only have delivery confirmation online, no card or anything. i know the schools are pretty backed up with stuff so i want to wait a bit before calling. But yeah, just wanted to see whether or not it was a common occurence to have online tracking problems.

Originally posted by raincrew
oldman,

i just did certified mail first class so it should only have delivery confirmation online, no card or anything. i know the schools are pretty backed up with stuff so i want to wait a bit before calling. But yeah, just wanted to see whether or not it was a common occurence to have online tracking problems.

i only used the return receipt certified mail, and i never tried tracking online so i can't help you there. you can always try calling the office after a week or two. even if they are rude and annoyed, they get enough phone calls a day that they won't remember you. peace of mind is worth that phone call.

i actually used the certified tracking system
and yeah, it doesn't work everywhere, cuz it seems that not all post offices have tracking equipment

so, most of my apps showed no record online too, but they all got their on time

and the NWU office takes time processing the applications too, keep that in mind, so if it hasn't shown up on ur status page, that doesn't mean that they haven't received it yet