Certiphi Background Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Potentia Virtus

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
After being accepted and receiving my background check, I found that apparently I have two driving related misdemeanors that I wasn't aware of, and thus didn't put on my application.
One was an expired registration ticket, and the other was like a "failure to obey traffic signal," which are apparently both misdemeanors in my state?
Will this in any way effect my matriculation or cause the school to rescind an offer? Should I proactively address this or just not worry? I think I know the answer and this isn't a big deal, but out of an overabundance of caution I thought I would ask here.

Members don't see this ad.

tickets showed up on your background check?.... I have a friend who had several and they didn't show up on his report

After being accepted and receiving my background check, I found that apparently I have two driving related misdemeanors that I wasn't aware of, and thus didn't put on my application.
One was an expired registration ticket, and the other was like a "failure to obey traffic signal," which are apparently both misdemeanors in my state?
Will this in any way effect my matriculation or cause the school to rescind an offer? Should I proactively address this or just not worry? I think I know the answer and this isn't a big deal, but out of an overabundance of caution I thought I would ask here.
Depends on the state. Not all states treat benign tickets as misdemeanors, some do. Very innocent, just write a quick email explaining how you didn't realize these were not just citations and never look back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcoms don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginia by any chance?

Reactions: 1 user
Just explain to them as you did here. Write the admissions office and explain that you were not aware that these traffic violations were on part of a criminal record and that you didn't even know this existed on your record so you did not disclose it and that with the exception of these instances you follow the law and try to be a good human being and all that :)

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man.... I've had a lot of parking tickets and some speeding tickets. I wonder what will show up for me!