cgpa 2.7 bsc + 4.0 msc in medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kady21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did terribly in my undergrad (second year got straight 50s), 3rd and 4th year got 80s. cGPA 2.7, and did a masters in medicine with 4.0 gpa, 36 mcat. Do I have a chance? I may also do an MPH (masters in public health) in global health before I apply. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

And your cGPA is....?

If > 3.0, then you're fine for most DO programs, plus those MD programs that reward reinvention, like Albany, NYMC, Drexel, Tulane, and Rosy F. Call some admissions deans to see if you're competetive there. You might have luck at your state MD school too.

I don't think you need another master's degree, unless you like being a professional student. At some point, you have to call it quits and make other career plans.

I did terribly in my undergrad (second year got straight 50s), 3rd and 4th year got 80s. cGPA 2.7, and did a masters in medicine with 4.0 gpa, 36 mcat. Do I have a chance? I may also do an MPH (masters in public health) in global health before I apply. What do you guys think?