• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

cgpa 2.7 bsc + 4.0 msc in medicine

kady21

7+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2013
  1. Other Health Professions Student
    I did terribly in my undergrad (second year got straight 50s), 3rd and 4th year got 80s. cGPA 2.7, and did a masters in medicine with 4.0 gpa, 36 mcat. Do I have a chance? I may also do an MPH (masters in public health) in global health before I apply. What do you guys think?

Goro

Lifetime Donor
    10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere west of St. Louis
    1. Non-Student
      And your cGPA is....?

If > 3.0, then you're fine for most DO programs, plus those MD programs that reward reinvention, like Albany, NYMC, Drexel, Tulane, and Rosy F. Call some admissions deans to see if you're competetive there. You might have luck at your state MD school too.

I don't think you need another master's degree, unless you like being a professional student. At some point, you have to call it quits and make other career plans.

I did terribly in my undergrad (second year got straight 50s), 3rd and 4th year got 80s. cGPA 2.7, and did a masters in medicine with 4.0 gpa, 36 mcat. Do I have a chance? I may also do an MPH (masters in public health) in global health before I apply. What do you guys think?

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.