cGPA = 3.26, sGPA = 3.2, MCAT = 24N

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khanhuyen239

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances? I know that I'm not competitive and it would be really helpful if someone could help me screen out schools that I won't be accepted in and schools that I have a shot at.

Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying this year or next year? It's pretty late this year for having lower stats. You still have a shot, but it will be an uphill battle.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am planning on applying this year. I know that it's late...but still better worth a shot than waiting for another year, right? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, thank you for your reply. I am planning on applying this year. I know that it's late...but still better worth a shot than waiting for another year, right? :)

Not necessarily. It may be better to wait a year so that you aren't labeled as a reapplicant, which puts you at a disadvantage.

I agree, especially since we don't know anything about your ECs. Your below average stats and late application will only hurt you. Keep in mind that it takes 4-6 weeks for you app to be verified before you even get any secondaries...

What are my chances? I know that I'm not competitive and it would be really helpful if someone could help me screen out schools that I won't be accepted in and schools that I have a shot at.

Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

So I have a higher GPA than you and with the same MCAT score, I'm still playing the wait game. I've submitted all my secondaries recently and have not heard back. Like others have said, it's getting relatively late in the game considering people have iis and even acceptances at this point.

Just something to consider...

I have research experience at Rockefeller university and cornell university. I also did an internship at public health as a lab tech. Volunteer for 120 hours. Average ec: secretary for a school club, joins about 3 clubs in school and an active member. My major is medical lab science and I take classes like immunology, hematology, histology, etc. Basically classes that I will take in med school. I'm not sure if school will consider the difficulty of major.

I hope that helps :)

I have research experience at Rockefeller university and cornell university. I also did an internship at public health as a lab tech. Volunteer for 120 hours. Average ec: secretary for a school club, joins about 3 clubs in school and an active member. My major is medical lab science and I take classes like immunology, hematology, histology, etc. Basically classes that I will take in med school. I'm not sure if school will consider the difficulty of major.

I hope that helps :)

Have you shadowed any physicians...? That's a really big part. Do you have a LOR from a physician?