- Mar 23, 2016
- Reaction score
I know I'm a long shot with my poor MCAT, but I wanted opinions on if I should apply this cycle and try or retake and wait considering my strong volunteer hours and experience. I really apprecaite any insight you all have for me. Thank you.
- cGPA= 3.09 (probably a little higher, doesn't account for 20 credits I took at community college) and sGPA= 3.08 (hoping to graduate with cGPA= 3.36 and sGPA= 3.23
- MCAT= 492
- State of residence: New York
- White (I was born in Ukraine and speak fluently though)
- Virginia Tech dual majoring in Biology & Criminology
- -Work as an EMT-B doing first aid at a beach over 1,480 hours ongoing. -Volunteer EMT-B at an ambulance corps (911 response) 1,900 hours ongoing. -Volunteer EMT-B at an ambulance corps near school 210 hours.
- Undergraduate research in phage genome annotation, etc. Not yet published but plan to have one publication. EMT-B certification, multiple FEMA certifications and CPR & AED.
- Plan to shadow this semester with a DO
- Brother/Exec member of of Alpha Chi Sigma, chemistry outreach and tutoring, I was the drive coordinator of 3 bone marrow registry drives on campus to date.
- Member of school's Pre-SOMA club, Equestrian club/team for a year, week-long service trip to the Dominican Republic in Spring 2015.
- Dean's List Fall 2015, Ambulance Awards: 2013 Volunteer of the Year, 2014 EMT of the Year, Lifesaving Medal, Top #6 Runner (6th most calls run), County Award of Excellence, Town Award for Outstanding Service.