DO cGPA 3.47 sGPA 3.28 MCAT 502

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrdinaryDO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN! I want to thank you in advance for any help you lend to such a guy like me. I am very appreciative to what everyone has to offer. I would like nothing but honest opinions as to whether I should apply or not and if so, what schools should I add or remove?

E.C.s

80+ hours of shadowing all D.O. Physicians. (Anesthesiology, plastic surgery, family medicine, general surgery, ortho surgery.

200+ hours of volunteer within the community and within the student body at my state university. I will also add my study abroad community development here in Belize.

3000+ hours of compensated clinical experience in the E.R., physical rehab, med. Surge., geriatrics, telemetry, radiology, assisted living.

I have a C.N.A. And have been a full time employee for the vast majority of the 6 years of schooling.

I took a gap year while switching from a community college to a state university; my GPA has increased tremendously since my community college days. My CC GPA was ~3.3 and my University GPA is around 3.7 with an average of the two meeting around 3.47 cGPA and 3.27 sGPA.

EDIT: Forgot to add MCAT score

C/P - 125
CARS - 123
B/BC - 126
P/S - 128
Overall - 502

List of Schools

Oklahoma State COM (residential status)
Nova Southeastern
DMU
Marian
Pacific Northwest
PCOM
PCOM - Ga
A.T. - Kirksville
A.T. - SOMA
Pikesville-Kentucky
West Virginia- COM
Alabama-COM
Campbell Jerry M. Wallace
Edward Via - Auburn
KCUMB
Lincoln - DeBusk
RVU-COM
Touro - Nevada
William Carey - COM
LECOM
LECOM - Bradenton
BCOM

Thank you all in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anything I should add?

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro , what do you think? Will that ~6 on CARS be a problem for admissions/cut-offs?

What about the low-ish sGPA + middle of the road science MCAT sub-scores?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello SDN! I want to thank you in advance for any help you lend to such a guy like me. I am very appreciative to what everyone has to offer. I would like nothing but honest opinions as to whether I should apply or not and if so, what schools should I add or remove?

E.C.s

80+ hours of shadowing all D.O. Physicians. (Anesthesiology, plastic surgery, family medicine, general surgery, ortho surgery.

200+ hours of volunteer within the community and within the student body at my state university. I will also add my study abroad community development here in Belize.

3000+ hours of compensated clinical experience in the E.R., physical rehab, med. Surge., geriatrics, telemetry, radiology, assisted living.

I have a C.N.A. And have been a full time employee for the vast majority of the 6 years of schooling.

I took a gap year while switching from a community college to a state university; my GPA has increased tremendously since my community college days. My CC GPA was ~3.3 and my University GPA is around 3.7 with an average of the two meeting around 3.47 cGPA and 3.27 sGPA.

C/P - 125
CARS - 123
B/BC - 126
P/S - 128
Overall - 502

List of Schools

Nova Southeastern
DMU
Marian
Pacific Northwest
PCOM
PCOM - Ga
A.T. - Kirksville
A.T. - SOMA
Pikesville-Kentucky
West Virginia- COM
Alabama-COM
Campbell Jerry M. Wallace
Edward Via - Auburn
KCUMB
Lincoln - DeBusk
RVU-COM
Touro - Nevada
William Carey - COM
LECOM
LECOM - Bradenton
BCOM

Thank you all in advance!!!

I will say that my stats and ECs are very similar to yours. My GPA is 3.54 and sGPA is 3.31 so that's different but I had the same MCAT composite score. I got interviews to GA PCOM, ACOM and VCOM Auburn! Good luck my statistical brethren!

I will say that my stats and ECs are very similar to yours. My GPA is 3.54 and sGPA is 3.31 so that's different but I had the same MCAT composite score. I got interviews to GA PCOM, ACOM and VCOM Auburn! Good luck my statistical brethren!

What is your state of residence?

KCUMB requires a 124 on each section for the new MCAT, would take that one out.

Good list. Pay attention to comments above

E.C.s

C/P - 125
CARS - 123
B/BC - 126
P/S - 128
Overall - 502

List of Schools

Nova Southeastern
DMU
Marian
Pacific Northwest