Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.42, MCAT 11/7/11, MA resident UMASS Medical Chances?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by RLU1223, 05.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. RLU1223

RLU1223 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Hi everyone,

Firstly, thank you for taking a look and helping me out.

I made a post earlier about DO schools that I am applying to soon. I think I have a good chance.

However, I do want to at least try my luck at MD because it really couldn't hurt to try, right?
    Anyways, as you can see my MCAT is an 11/7/11.

I am Massachusetts resident.
    Graduated 2 years ago.
    I have been a research assistant for 2 years.
    Have general volunteer experience at a hospital.
    Shadowing experience from MD and DO doctors.
    Pretty good recommendation letters.
    etc.

I'm thinking about applying to UMASS medical because they have a large bias for in-state.
    Is it likely that I am able to get an interview at UMASS with my GPA and 7 in verbal? Also, are there any other schools that you think I might have a sliver of a chance of getting in?

Thank you!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    U MA will appreciate the donation in the form of you app fees, but your 7 in VR is < the 10th %ile for their acceptees. Hence, look elsewhere. Quinnipiac may give you some love if you have an interest in Primary Care. Ditto other new programs.

About the ads