MD & DO cGPA-3.5 sGPA-3.49, 505

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shdwmmc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am just wondering about my school list. I am not sure about which programs to apply to and be set up for success.

my cGPA is 3.5 from two undergraduate BS degrees. One in Human Nutrition/Dietetics and one in Biology
sGPA is 3.49
MCAT is 505 with the CARS section being the only sub 125 score I got. (I got 124)

I live in Colorado but was born and raised and still have strong ties to the PNW

I'm Wonderbread white

I have volunteered approx 1000 hours over the last 5 years at a Non-profit that helps individuals with Down syndrome. Otherwise no clinical volunteering...

No research :(

I shadowed the medical director of my company in the ER for about 40 hours and he is writing one of my LOR.

I have worked as an EMT for approx 3000 hours in a busy 911 system. I am an FTO and train new employees and I am apart of the group that creates and implements continuing education. I would like to go into EM.

I am applying to Georgetown, Temple, Loyola, Tulane, UColorado, UWashington, Western Michigan
and RVUCOM, PNWU, AZCOM, ATSU-SOMA, CCOM and WesternU

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for any DO school. RVUCOM is opening a new school in Utah so add that one as well as a few others. Your chances are low for MD school but it would be worth adding Quinnipiac, Oakland Beaumont, Rosalind Franklin and Creighton. Roseman will also be accepting applications at sometime this year.

Reactions: 1 user