cGPA 3.50, sGPA 3.50, 516 MCAT, URM & First Generation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wavvvvvves123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I just got my MCAT score and wanted to know what schools you all thought I should add to my application for this cycle! I've already got the following down:

EVMS
VCU
VT
UVA
(I'm a VA resident, explaining all the VA schools)

Brown
Tufts
George Washington
Howard
Drexel
Quinnipiac

My ECs are as follows:

90 hours of shadowing two doctors
40 hours of volunteering at a hospital for a summer
500-600 hours of research experience, split between two labs
600-700 hours of volunteer work with an on-campus group dedicated to mental health advocacy and offering a peer listening/counseling service. I've held multiple leadership positions within the group since I joined in my freshman year.

what do you think my chances are at the schools of I've listed? And any idea what schools I should add? Mostly looking to stay on the east coast, but am open to any suggestions!!!

Thanks everyone :)

P.S. I go to a top 20 undergrad if that makes a difference!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are authentically African American, you are a candidate for all of your state schools and any private school you would care to apply to.
Wow! That confident? It's really assuring to hear that :)

If you are authentically African American, you are a candidate for all of your state schools and any private school you would care to apply to.
Wow! That confident? It's really assuring to hear that :)

Yep. You have a great application, so apply anywhere you want to and have fun!

Yep. You have a great application, so apply anywhere you want to and have fun!

wow, thank you so much! it truly warms my heart to hear you have such confidence in me :) hopefully all goes well! i was waiting for my MCAT score before sending out secondaries so now that i've got my score, i'm trying to churn these things out and send em in ASAP. good thing i pre-wrote a of couple essays, haha.

again, thank you for the kind words!

Add all your state schools and aim high/whatever other schools you want.