Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

MD cGPA: 3.52 sGPA 3.45 chances? where?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by _Fawkes_, Aug 1, 2015.

1. _Fawkes_

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am a Wi resident, white female. I am taking the MCAT in a few days. I have mostly looked at DO schools, but was curious about my chances at any MD schools. I have tons of extracurricular activities, hold many positions on eboards, deans list, 200+ shadow hours, research hours, published paper, and so on.

Would I stand a chance at any MD schools, if so where?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Do you have an upward gpa trend?

85th+percentile on the mcat particularly if coupled with an upward trend can put you in striking for lower tier MDs if you apply to 20+

Anything above 60th+ percentile anf you are more than fine for DO programs

4. _Fawkes_

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

yeah I started around the 3.0 mark my freshman year and haven't gotten anything lower than a 3.78 for the past 3 semesters.

5. GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    85th+ percentile or so on the MCAT will put you in striking distance for MDs. Apply to 20+ to really give yourself the best chance possible; 3.5 applicants even with 32 caliber MCATs historically have been 50-50 type propositions(give or take some) for getting into MD schools. Maximize your chances with a smart broad and thorough list

_Fawkes_ likes this.