cGPA: 3.54 sGPA: 3.43 MCAT 35

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singhgs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm aware that my sGPA is a little on the low side but I will be applying this cycle so I wanted to know where I stand:

I am pursuing a major in Economics.

I have 150+ clinical hour with multiple physicians
I have over 100 hours of volunteer work
I have over a year of research experience (1 is clinical research and the other one is Kinesiology research- both involve direct contact with patients)
I do have an upward trend in my grades
I am in 5 different student orgs (President of 1, Co-founder/ Co-President of another non-profit student org, I am also apart of the founding class of a Medical Frat on campus)
I attend the University of Michigan- Ann Arbor and I am a Michigan Resident
I have also had 2 internships in economics

I will be applying to a wide range of DO/ MD Schools. How do my chances look?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I'm aware that my sGPA is a little on the low side but I will be applying this cycle so I wanted to know where I stand:

I am pursuing a major in Economics.

I have 150+ clinical hour with multiple physicians
I have over 100 hours of volunteer work
I have over a year of research experience (1 is clinical research and the other one is Kinesiology research- both involve direct contact with patients)
I do have an upward trend in my grades
I am in 5 different student orgs (President of 1, Co-founder/ Co-President of another non-profit student org, I am also apart of the founding class of a Medical Frat on campus)
I attend the University of Michigan- Ann Arbor and I am a Michigan Resident
I have also had 2 internships in economics

I will be applying to a wide range of DO/ MD Schools. How do my chances look?

I would get more clinical volunteering. Also if you get that up I would only apply to a very small handful of DO schools and focus primarily on MD schools. You have a decent shot at MD but will have to apply to a fair number of them ($$$$) and to ones you stand a realistic chance at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your high MCAT helps your slightly below average GPAs. You may not get bites from the top research schools, but you should have decent odds if you apply early and broadly to your instate and OOS friendly schools. Have you compiled a list yet?

No C's or D's- my lowest grade is a B. Thanks for the advice guys!