bravesrock1088

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
So my first two years were a little rough (averaged a 3.4 cGPA with a C in orgo lab I). Last two years Ive gotten a near perfect 4.0 and a fairly high MCAT score (39Q). Just want to know to which schools you guys think I should be applying.

ECs, volunteering and shadowing are average but nothing really special. Little undergraduate research.

Thanks for any feedback. :D

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Apply to all your instate....what is it by the way?

Then, some middle schools that you are really competitive at if you come from a harsh state....for acceptance.

THen, pick a few reach schools that you would love to get.

15-20 schools...depending on what state you are from.

bravesrock1088

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Apply to all your instate....what is it by the way?

Then, some middle schools that you are really competitive at if you come from a harsh state....for acceptance.

THen, pick a few reach schools that you would love to get.

15-20 schools...depending on what state you are from.

I am from Virginia :cool:

VOP

5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
Status
Medical Student
Apply to your state school, and a bunch of top 20 schools...add more research if you can..ala try and do enough research that might get published. That will put you in the running for scholarships at alot of schools.

Sep 4, 2006
Inside the tesseract
Top twenty are unlikely to be in reach without substantive strength in research, leadership, or community service that suggests you'd be a future leader in medicine. I think your niche will be in the upper mid-selectivity schools.

surftheiop

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Status
UVA is probably a really good fit for you, im jealous of you being from VA

(I have almost identical MCAT and maybe .05 lower GPA, but at a "Big Name" school so number wise we are probably indistinguishable)

I will be applying to my state schools in SC, as well as Wake Forest, UVA, UNC, Baylor and Vandy.

Im fairly confident I will get into my state school and think its pretty likely I'll get accepted into maybe one other.

If you get accepted to UVA that would probably be hard for you to turn down unless you get a ton of money somewhere else

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think you will be fine by applying to all the schools in VA...and some middles... and few top schools....

I would target 10-15 schools then.

I think you will have instate....:thumbup:

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The top tier schools are pretty random, I'd apply to some, but apply pretty broadly. I had pretty similar but slightly better stats (4.0 sGPA, a little higher cGPA, slightly higher MCAT) and got into most top tiers, but much of it is really based on ECs at that level.