Aug 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey there guys,

First-time applicant and hoping to get some ideas on the chances of getting an interview at the schools I've applied to/any advice on other schools to include! Thanks in advance!

Ethnicity: Asian
NYS resident
Resume:
-Over 3000 hours as an ED, PEDS & Outpatient scribe (by graduation)
-40 hours as volunteer in endoscopy unit
-week in Haiti on medical mission trip
-TA for genetics and biochemistry for 2 years; psychology 1 year (by graduation)
-research assistant for 2 years (by graduation)
-lab technician: 1 year
-combined 50 hours of volunteering at foodlink, refugee center
-fours hours of executive board position in university religious group; President for 2 years

red flags: took my MCAT twice, got a 29 the first time

Schools applied to/secondaries submitted:
MD: Basically all NY MD schools, Oakland, Quinnipiac, George Washington, Cooper, Rutgers, Western Michigan Stryker, Central Michigan, Penn State, Boonshoft, Rush, Central Florida COM, TCMC, Texas A&M, Temple
DO: NYCOM and LECOM

GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member
May 5, 2015
Status
Non-Student
*four years not hours oops
You'll be competitive for any DO school. Out of the MDs Oakland, Quinnipac, GW, Western Michigan, Penn State, Rush, TCMC, Temple can be realistic. For New York schools the state schools are where your best shot will be at and where you'll be most competitive. If you want more MD schools consider

Rosalind
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Drexel
Creighton
Georgetown
Jefferson
WVU
VCU
Eastern Virginia

OP
S
Aug 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks so much! I haven't heard back from any schools yet regarding interviews, so I was getting slightly concerned

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Your chances will be best at:

MD: Albany, NYMC , Oakland, Quinnipiac, George Washington, Western Michigan Stryker, Penn State, Rush, Temple, the SUNYs
DO: NYCOM and LECOM (and best here); suggest adding PCOM and Touro-NY