cGPA 3.79, sGPA 3.79, MCAT 516, nontrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agath17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Massachusetts. Applying next cycle and wondering what my chances are/what schools I could shoot for. And, what can I do in the next year to strengthen my application.
MCAT: 130/128/129/129
cGPA and sGPA both 3.79, from MIT and Havard Extension post bac.

EC's:
300 volunteer hours so far, ongoing (in a local clinic, plus a few hours a week at a local animal shelter)
~40 shadowing hours, also ongoing
I work about 10 hrs a week as a paid math/science tutor (gotta pay the bills)
in undergrad - 3 yrs varsity sports, won't say which to preserve anonymity (still play in competitive adult leagues in the area)

Definitely weak on research - no publications, but a couple of posters and presentations from work (I left my engineering job last year for a research assistant position at a well-known hospital). Prior to that, I volunteered a few hours a week in a lab at MGH. Also some research experience in undergrad through various coursework, and a master's thesis (also at MIT, one year program).

I'm concerned about lack of clinical and research experience, but what can I do as a nontrad to improve these parts of my application?

Members don't see this ad.