Quantcast

cgpa 3.84, sgpa 3.84, 26Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankeekd25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
10,6,10 Q first time around.
9,8,9 Q second time around.

FL Resident. Bio Major/ Psych Minor

50 shadowing hours including observing many surgerical procedures
50 hours volunteering at Alzheimer's Living Facility
General Chemistry Peer Leader
Life Science TA
Chemistry Tutor
Si Leader for Gen Chem 2 (currently)
Published poster for Fanconi Anemia Awareness at the Models of Human Disease conference in Toronto, poster appears on F1000.
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
LORs from the Dean of Florida Atlantic University Med School, my Human Morphology/ Genetics professors, a Psych Professor, planning on asking my current bosses for SI for one.

I did a mock interview before I got my scores with the Dean of FAU and he said I interview quite well.

Submitted my AMCAS with the first 26 to the FL schools, NJ schools, plus NYU/Columbia in hopes my MCAT would shoot up. No such thing happened so NY is out of the question :cool: unless I retake. What's the point though right? Seems like I can't do better than a 26 no matter what.

LPpostbacc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HISI (How I See It):

You've got a bunch of activities on there, but I'm not really feeling a whole lot of depth at any one activity.

You've got a lot of art on the walls but I'm not sure you have a couch, ya know what I mean??

The LOR's may only take you so far with an MCAT well below the mean of accepted students. My understanding was that schools would maybe rather see more of a commitment to volunteering/clinical experience than tutoring, etc.

Just one applicant's POV. Good luck to you. :)

Are you applying to DO schools? Definitely not saying it's not possible, just my honest impression when I read it.

yankeekd25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HISI (How I See It):

You've got a bunch of activities on there, but I'm not really feeling a whole lot of depth at any one activity.

You've got a lot of art on the walls but I'm not sure you have a couch, ya know what I mean??

The LOR's may only take you so far with an MCAT well below the mean of accepted students. My understanding was that schools would maybe rather see more of a commitment to volunteering/clinical experience than tutoring, etc.

Just one applicant's POV. Good luck to you. :)

Are you applying to DO schools? Definitely not saying it's not possible, just my honest impression when I read it.

What do you recommend I do? I really want to get into an MD school. I have the Fee Assistance Program Waivers for my applications so I'm thinking of just submitting my secondaries anyway and rolling the dice. However, I would have loved to get out of FL for school and get into a better school. I'm only 22 years old, and recently graduated, but do I really want to sit out another entire year?

user3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Very Mediocre shot at MD with the 26, even with the great GPA