cGPA: 3.85 sGPA: 3.70 MCAT: 510, reapplicant, school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cnl61

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied for the first time this cycle and was rejected from all schools. I made the mistake of applying to only 8 schools (6 of which were either private reaches or OOS schools I had no connection to). I also wasn’t complete at schools until around October due to unforeseen circumstances.

Major Activities
*Two summer biomedical research programs, one poster presentation at a national conference, RA for multiple public health studies. I’m also completing a thesis this semester to graduate with honors in my major (psychology) but don’t know how much this matters.
*One summer volunteering at residential treatment center for children (200 hrs), one summer clinical research volunteer with patient contact in emergency room (100 hrs), two semesters volunteering in behavioral health clinic (200 hrs)
*One semester abroad studying foreign language, leadership position with club related to this language
*100 hrs tutoring homeless children
*Health-related leadership position on campus freshman year

I am probably not going to be applying to schools until the summer of 2018. These were the OOS and private schools I was thinking of applying to. Any ideas for what schools I should add? Would it be worth it to take two semesters of English at my local community college so I could apply to schools that don’t accept AP credit? Also any ideas for what I should do for my gap year? I am thinking of getting a part-time job in the healthcare field to improve my clinical experiences and using my extra time to shadow/volunteer.

Minnesota (reapplicant)
Iowa (reapplicant)
Ohio State (reapplicant)
St. Louis
Cincinnati (reapplicant)
Arizona
Temple
Wright State
Creighton
Drexel
MCW
Rosalind Franklin

If you're looking for more schools a few worth considering may be Jefferson (although it is low yield), Penn State, Maryland, and Virginia Tech (unique school but definitely worth checking out)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile