MD cgPA 3.87 515 MCAT, Strong Research, no idea what mid-range schools to apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EUNJI967335

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-retracted-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who not from the Northwest. Are you a Massachusetts resident? Schools you could add include:
Einstein
Rochester
Georgetown
Case Western
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Tulane
Miami
Wake Forest
Tufts

U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who not from the Northwest. Are you a Massachusetts resident? Schools you could add include:
Einstein
Rochester
Georgetown
Case Western
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Tulane
Miami
Wake Forest
Tufts

Hey! Thanks for the advice. With my current stats what would you recommend a good split be? 10 from my reaches and 10 mid tiers to make 20 total? Thank you for all the help, it is much appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Thanks for the advice. With my current stats what would you recommend a good split be? 10 from my reaches and 10 mid tiers to make 20 total? Thank you for all the help, it is much appreciated
Your state public schools and 10 reaches and 10 mid tiers would be a good mix.

Here is a more realistic list:

I suggest the following. Nothing wrong with aiming high; the ones I have in bold are schools where your MCAT score is 2-3 points below their avg (about their 25th %ile), and your GPA is ~ the same as the school avg. Thus, proceed with caution on these, but I feel you're in striking distance for some.

U VM
U VA
U MI
U Toledo
Miami
St. Louis
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Creighton`
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
MCW
Loyola
USF Morsani
UCF
Emory
BU
Mayo
Duke
Case
JHU
Stanford
Cornell
Pitt
Northwestern
Mt Sinai
Columbia

Hofstra
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Your state school(s).

Here is a more realistic list:

I suggest the following. Nothing wrong with aiming high; the ones I have in bold are schools where your MCAT score is 2-3 points below their avg (about their 25th %ile), and your GPA is ~ the same as the school avg. Thus, proceed with caution on these, but I feel you're in striking distance for some.

U VM
U VA
U MI
U Toledo
Miami
St. Louis
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Creighton`
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
MCW
Loyola
USF Morsani
UCF
Emory
BU
Mayo
Duke
Case
JHU
Stanford
Cornell
Pitt
Northwestern
Mt Sinai
Columbia

Hofstra
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Your state school(s).

Thanks for the help Goro! my MCAT score above was just an estimate based on my practice exams, and I recently just got my score back, ended up with a 521! Does that change any of the schools you would recommend? Thank you so much for the help, I appreciate it greatly.

Thanks for the help Goro! my MCAT score above was just an estimate based on my practice exams, and I recently just got my score back, ended up with a 521! Does that change any of the schools you would recommend? Thank you so much for the help, I appreciate it greatly.
Changes everything!
Start list with U Penn, U Chicago, WashU, Harvard, Yale and work from that.

Reactions: 1 user
Changes everything!
Start list with U Penn, U Chicago, WashU, Harvard, Yale and work from that.
Hello Goro, once again thank you for all the fantastic help that you have given me.

Last edited: