cGPA 3.87, sGPA 3.7, MCAT 511 (85th %tile), +1000 hrs direct pt care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onailujol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the wait for secondaries/interviews is getting to me and I've never done one of these before.... So
What are my chances??

cGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.7
MCAT: 511 (85th %tile)

EC:
University volunteering club +50 hrs, Fly fishing club +25 hrs with leadership role, Senior living volunteer +40 hrs, shadowing ~20 hrs, intramural sport team member and captain, Red Cross Club Member and volunteer +20 hrs, research +300 hrs.

Nursing assistant (direct pt care: bed baths, vital signs, blood sugars, anbulating, toileting, etc) this is where I interact with physicians and nurses (the whole health care team including physical therapists, speech therapists, nurse practitioners, etc.)

Extras: university honors for three years, scholarship awards

School list:
U of Mich
Western Mich
Central Mich
Oakland Mich
Wayne State Mich
Ohio State
Case Western
Penn State
UNC
Vanderbilt
Duke
University of Illinois
Indiana University
University of Washington
Colorado

Members don't see this ad.

There are 8 schools on your list where you have a fair to good chance at an interview.
That's a good start.
Delete U of WA (not WWAMI).
Delete Duke, Vandy and UNC (stats).
Delete CO.
Substitute 4 schools that might interview you and call it a list!

Reactions: 1 user
gyngyn is on point. Michigan with their variety of IS options makes it less necessary to come up with an exhaustive list of lower tier schools and also your experiences will serve you well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest the following:

U VM

USF Morsani (maybe)

Mayo (maybe)

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush

Rosy Franklin

BU

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

Emory

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Creighton

All MI schools if you're a MI resident

Any DO program, starting with MSUCOM, CCOM and MUCOM

So the wait for secondaries/interviews is getting to me and I've never done one of these before.... So
What are my chances??

cGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.7
MCAT: 511 (85th %tile)

EC:
University volunteering club +50 hrs, Fly fishing club +25 hrs with leadership role, Senior living volunteer +40 hrs, shadowing ~20 hrs, intramural sport team member and captain, Red Cross Club Member and volunteer +20 hrs, research +300 hrs.

Nursing assistant (direct pt care: bed baths, vital signs, blood sugars, anbulating, toileting, etc) this is where I interact with physicians and nurses (the whole health care team including physical therapists, speech therapists, nurse practitioners, etc.)

Extras: university honors for three years, scholarship awards

School list:
U of Mich
Western Mich
Central Mich
Oakland Mich
Wayne State Mich
Ohio State
Case Western
Penn State
UNC
Vanderbilt