cGPA 3.9 - sGPA 3.8 - MCAT 26T

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ETSUMed23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA - 3.9

sGPA - 3.8

MCAT - 26T [Taken one time]

Does anyone happen to have a list of schools that would be realistic with stats looking like these? It may be a possibility to re-take the MCAT, as my first take [4/28/12] was terrible foresight on my part and was the weekend before all my of finals as well as the week after lab finals. Needless to say the month leading up to the exam my studying was lax at best.

But, assuming my EC's are fantastic, am I a competitive applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

cGPA - 3.9

sGPA - 3.8

MCAT - 26T [Taken one time]

Does anyone happen to have a list of schools that would be realistic with stats looking like these? It may be a possibility to re-take the MCAT, as my first take [4/28/12] was terrible foresight on my part and was the weekend before all my of finals as well as the week after lab finals. Needless to say the month leading up to the exam my studying was lax at best.

But, assuming my EC's are fantastic, am I a competitive applicant?
Your mcat is about average at many schools and a bit on the lower end for some other ones, but your gpa is pretty awesome. I would go on aacomas and research every school and pick a good 15 of them. What state are you in?

If your MCAT is semi balance, you are competitive to every DO school in the nation (except maybe TCOM. not sure about that one). Figure out the schools that won't accept you because of regional bias and cross those out. then figure out the schools you don't want to attend. apply to the rest. assuming you are good with interviews and essays, you should walk away with multiple acceptances. you may even get to the point where you are rejecting interview offers. good luck and great GPA.