cgpa: 3.97; sgpa:3.925: MCAT 505

ag29

Jun 10, 2018
    cgpa: 3.97
    sgpa: 3.925(Biology major/Chem Minor)
    MCAT:505

EC: 100 hours volunteering at YMCA at summer assistant; 250 hours at under priviledged after school
    program;
    Related experience: CNA 400 hours at Senior Living Facility Dementia Unit
    Shadowing 50 hrs in public/private clinics(Family Medicine, Podiatry, Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology
    Scribing- 500 hours
    Very good Letters of Rec-Committee letter, Head of Clinic Director letter, and DO Letter
    150 hours of Undergrad Bio Lab Research; Poster, 1st place winner;
    Athletic All American at D1 athletic Program for 4 years;- Student Athletic Representative to NCAA and Conference0

I have applied to 5 DO( PCOM, AZCOM, TOURO, ROWAN, Midwestern, and NOVA; I am Florida Resident for DO Apps.
    Am considering Temple, UVM, PSU, Rosalind, FIU, UCF.

PLEASE. Do I have any chance at MD?

Last edited:

Goro

Lifetime Donor
    10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere west of St. Louis
    1. Non-Student
      cgpa: 3.97
      sgpa: 3.925(Biology major/Chem Minor)
      MCAT:505

EC: 100 hours volunteering at YMCA at summer assistant; 250 hours at under priviledged after school
      program;
      Related experience: CNA 400 hours at Senior Living Facility Dementia Unit
      Shadowing 50 hrs in public/private clinics(Family Medicine, Podiatry, Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology
      Scribing- 500 hours
      Very good Letters of Rec-Committee letter, Head of Clinic Director letter, and DO Letter
      150 hours of Undergrad Bio Lab Research; Poster, 1st place winner;
      Athletic All American at D1 athletic Program for 4 years;- Student Athletic Representative to NCAA and Conference0

I have applied to 5 DO( PCOM, AZCOM, TOURO, ROWAN, Midwestern, and NOVA; I am Florida Resident for DO Apps.
      Am considering Temple, UVM, PSU, Rosalind, FIU, UCF.

PLEASE. Do I have any chance at MD?
      I suggest:
      Wake
      GWU
      Gtown
      MCW (maybe)
      Rush (maybe)
      Rosy Franklin
      Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
      Oakland U Beaumont
      Loyola
      Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
      SLU
      WVU
      U VM
      MCW
      Creighton
      VCU
      Nova MD
      Your state school(s).
      Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.